Manage bookings from HomeAway websites
Different steps to manage the payments and confirmations of a booking coming from HomeAway galaxy websites through the Channel Manager.
When connected through a Channel Manager, HomeAway requires the Property Manager to use the Channel Manager Payment solutions: HomeAway does not cash the rents for connected Manager.
On HomeAway, customers provide their Credit Card details for payment.
FlatsWire secures this sensitive information while enabling you to fully manage all operations with the Credit Card : validation of CC information, refusal, ask for new card, process payments.
Normal process : credit card is valid and credited
Step 1 : When a customer places a booking on HomeAway, FlatsWire sends you a notification.
Step 2 : You will find the booking in the dashboard of the FlatsWire back-office set in “Online Booking” table (and in HOLD status). When registering it, FlatsWire system checks the validity of the card number:
- If the number is invalid, the FlatsWire system will automatically put an “Invalid CC (Sent)” grey notice
- If the number is valid, the booking will appear in the Hold status list, without any comment (see last line below).
The FlatsWire API generates a booking in Hold Status to lock the calendar until booking is confirmed by customer payment, or cancelled (due to invalid cc for example).
Step 3 : Go into the booking page by clicking on the booking Reference.
At the top of the screen, you will find the booking.com reference :
- On the right, the “Show Card” button will enable you to have access (over a limited time) to the Credit Card details, provided FlatsWire has linked you to the MFA security system (get and instant personalized authentication code).
When your booking is registered, the payment lines are automatically generated including :
- Customer to Manager : include Deposit / Balance and City Taxes. Dates of payment and split for deposit as per set in the rules defined in your Booking.com account.
- Commission from Manager to HomeAway is displayed in the header of the Booking,
- Manager to Owner : classical rent due to owner.
Step 4 : Proceed to customer payment.
Select the lines to be paid and under the payment table, click on “choose payment mode”.
There are 2 possibilities :
- You are using the Stripe or Braintree payment system enabling automated operations,
- You are using a traditional payment provider.
1. You are using the Stripe connected solution.
Select “Stripe by token” or “Braintree by Token” payment mode and click on Submit.
The payment is automatically done, without any intervention. If there is no problem with the customer account and the payment is possible, the booking status will switch to “Confirm”.
You just have to send booking confirmation email to the customer.
NB : In a near future, managers using Stripe or Braintree payment solutions, should have booking switched to “Confirmed” automatically (with payment processed).
2. You are using a Classical payment solution.
Select “Card” payment mode and click on Submit.
This mode requires that you visualize and copy information on the credit card by going through the authenticating security system (refer step 3).
You can then make the payment manually.
NB : As this payment solution gives you access to the Credit Card details of the Customer, Booking.com could suppress this feature in the near future.
Your booking is now CONFIRMED
Search for a subject
Vacation Rental Software
A professional solution
- Booking Engine
- Intelligent Price Management & Yield Management
- Maintenance Management
- Staff Management
- Email templates for customers, owners, staff...
- Payments Management
- Credit Card processing
- Staff Management
- Integrated 2 ways Channel Manager