Manage a request from HomeAway Vacation Rental websites
Different steps to manage a request for booking from HomeAway Group through the Channel Manager.
You will be notified of requests coming from the HomeWay websites in the “Leads” section of your dash-board.
The table contains main informations on the booking :
- Reference: is the reference# of the booking (in Option status)
- Apartment: Property name
- Arrival / Departure date (*)
- Channel (HomeAway but also potentially Flipkey)
- Creation date on the portal
The left column “Flag” identifies if you have treated the request (mail sent to customer):
- “Done” appears in this column when you flag the booking as seen (On the booking page, Action/flag as done), meaning you are expecting the customer reply, or when you have switched the status of the booking to CONFIRM or FIRM.
- empty column means you have not declared response to customer was done (not “flag as done”).
(*) You may see bookings with arrival planned in 1970… This corresponds to requests sent from HomeAway without any dates. By default we genarte a booking request in 1970.
What to do on HomeAway booking requests :
Bookings in “Lead” table are requests, so they might not be complete.
- In the request mode, the customer has had an evaluation price from HomeAway that needs to be confirmed or amended by yourself. We do not receive from HomeAway the information on their quote through the API and we hence generate a booking at a price corresponding to your Agency price.
- Open the bookings in the lead table (click on Booking reference),
- Check price infos, customers demands and/or portals comments (appearing in the notes block),
- You can Update price (refer Adjust price of a booking), “change date” of the booking or even “change apartment“,
- Send reply to the customer through dedicated template emails
(FlatsWire team can help you set up several specific templates as:
– Customer price and availability confirmation with access link the customer space in your website for payment,
– Proposal for other available apartments,
- If you do not accept the request, after reply, you must change its status to “REFUSED” (*)
- If you expect a reply from customer, flag the booking as done to confirm the request was treated.
(*) Through the API with HomeAway, for any request sent, we confirm a booking reference as been generated. HomeAway requires to be informed if you do not make the deal with the customer. The only way to make it is to REFUSE the booking, by changing the status to REFUSE. The request will disappear from the lead table when you change the status to either HOLD, CONFIRM or REFUSE.
Reply to HomeAway customers : Customers on Homeaway send a lot of requests and need to be reinsured on your company when you reply. We recommend you send a message from the HomeAway interface to inform them that the property is available and that a second mail from your company will be addressed to them.
Search for a subject
Vacation Rental Software
A professional solution
- Booking Engine
- Intelligent Price Management & Yield Management
- Maintenance Management
- Staff Management
- Email templates for customers, owners, staff...
- Payments Management
- Credit Card processing
- Staff Management
- Integrated 2 ways Channel Manager