Change Booking dates
How to simply manage a change of date on an existing booking.
A change of date has an impact on the calendar and on the price of the stay. This document explains how you manage the change of date, the price variation and the impact on payments.
Change dates functionnality
On each booking, you can change date by clicking on top of the page on Action /change date (exceptions **).
It opens a new page where you can specify and manage your change of date.
If you are a Partner Agency
- As long as the booking has not been confirmed, you can modify the booking as you wish (unless there is unavailability issues).
- If the booking is in CONFIRM or FIRM status, you will require the manager validation to reconfirm the change of date. All modifications you do will be pending until validated by the Manager.
If you are a Manager
- ** If deal comes from a Partner Agency, you can not initiate the change of date. The request must come from the Agency (that will check availability) and you’ll have to validate it or not. You will notice in that case that you do not access to “Change date” on the booking.
- If the deal comes from your Agency, you make all modifications.
How to change date
Step 1 : Input new dates
In the Change date Form, input new arrival and departure dates and click on “Apply”. The system will display the new length of stay.
You should not be changing the Nber of persons in this case, if you wish you can.
If property is not available for the new dates, under the change date header, the system will inform you about it (see image below), and you will not be able to go further :
Once the date change is possible, we will display price variations for each actor of the booking.
Step 2 : Check price difference.
Be aware that the price difference comes from the modifications of the date of course, but can be affected by the seasonnality (additional day in a an upper or lower season) or by the length of stay (depending on manager settings, day rates can be lower for longer bookings and higher for shorter bookings).
The first line of blocks shows actual prices.
The second line of blocks shows the new prices and the differences (right column).
In the upper example, there is a 1 day added on the booking. You see that the customer and manager rent increase by 122€ and the tourist tax is also impacted. Customer will pay additional 123,54€.
In the calculation, the management margin also increases . The owner gets an increase of his rent equal to 122€ – 24,40€ = 97,60€.
When you and your customer agree on new pricing, just click on “save”.
Step 3 : Payment of the difference
The validation of the order line generates the change of the payment lines.
If first payment was already done, the system will generate a payment line of the due difference :
You will notice, that by default the due date is the due date for the balance.
If the payment of the balance was not done, the difference will automatically be added into the customer due payment.
Manager validation of a change of date
When the deal comes from a Partner Agency. the Agency has validated the new pricing, but the change date must be validated by the manager to become truth.
We recommend that the Partner Agency either call or email the Manager to inform him about the change.
The Manager then just need to access the booking and check on his side that the change date is acceptable (dates and price).
Search for a subject
Vacation Rental Software
A professional solution
- Booking Engine
- Intelligent Price Management & Yield Management
- Maintenance Management
- Staff Management
- Email templates for customers, owners, staff...
- Payments Management
- Credit Card processing
- Staff Management
- Integrated 2 ways Channel Manager