Setup Services and taxes
In the service table, you will set all the services, taxes that you input within your rents to calculate customer price, owner price…
These services will be used in “Pricing models” to set the links between your different price levels.
Note : you will set this part with the help of FlatsWire team, when installing your account.
1- Access to the setting
As for models, click on company name, select settings, then select “Services” box.
Services and taxes gather all costs that you invoice to customers or owners (depending on your business model) on top of Rents.
Services and taxes can be :
- set as “fixed” rates for Checkin, checkout, cleaning.
- set as a percentage of the rent or the (rent +/- service) for distribution commissions or management fees.
- set as an overcost linked to different parameters for the city-tax (depending on # of visitors and length of stay) or for “additional persons” (depending on # of visitors above a limit and length of stay),
We may create specific services adapted to your model. Ask your contact in FlatsWire.
Example : In the below example, the manager has set 3 services,
- Checkin service (which includes cleaning charge as well), Type CHECKIN
- Management fees, Type MARGIN (% of an amount)
- City Tax, Type TOURIST_TAX,
On the right side of the screen , you can check how many properties use the services (by clicking on the service you access the list of properties).
3- Set your services
Generate and setup all the services that you are invoicing. Click on “add” button at the top of the service page.
- Select type of service, depending on the service different infos will be asked,
- Name it,
- Fill in required infos (see service specificities below),
- Select currency,
- “Optional” should be selected if you have a FlatsWire website that you want to add in addition of a booking on your own website,
- Select “Split” for services that you want to invoice on a first or last rent in the case of a long-term booking.
4- Specificities of some services.
Checkin/out - Cleaning type
- You can set this service as a fixed price by selecting “default price”. Just input a default value that you will adjust on each property.
- You can set it as “Price Matrix”, which will enable you to generate an automatic price calculation of the service (depending on #rooms or #bedrooms), so you don’t have to adjust it for each property.
Number of persons type
- Default price per night : max number of persons without overcost,
- Price per extra adult (or children) per night : daily price of additional person,
- Applied for bookings < : you may want to stop invoicing additional person, above a certainnumber of nights. If not, fill 999 days.
With the “margin” type service, you can generate Management or distribution fees. They are calculated as a percentage of a price.
This service can be added on top of a price (for example distribution commission could be added on top of a Manager price, or a management fee could be added on top of a owner rent) or it can be deducted if for example, you contract with owner a global 25% fee to be applied on selling cost to define his rent.
Whatever the way you invoice this service, you set it positive.
For companies doing Long-Term bookings, we allow a sophisticated setting of this service depending on the length of stay.
Simple mode :
If you are not concerned, just set the default value in the top screen.
Advanced mode :
Otherwise, you can set variable margin rates for the various lengths of stay (short term / Long term).
- “Display on website” will enable you to display the City-tax detail in the invoice on your website (to be checked with FlatsWire team in advance)
- Perimeter : you can set City tax per location,
- Precise if for long stays the tax does not apply. What is the minimum stay required.
- Precise tax level per adult / Per children.
Search for a subject
Vacation Rental Software
A professional solution
- Booking Engine
- Intelligent Price Management & Yield Management
- Maintenance Management
- Staff Management
- Email templates for customers, owners, staff...
- Payments Management
- Credit Card processing
- Staff Management
- Integrated 2 ways Channel Manager