Add a rental property on Booking.com – How to get listed
In this article, learn how to get your rental property listed on Booking.com and in particular how you can link and synchronize an Apartment or a House on Booking.com and then manage calendar and rates.
Prior to the creation of a property on Booking.com, you have created an account on Booking.com and you have set parameters of your Booking.com account in FlatsWire Back-office (where you will see more informations on pricing calculation).
This operation will take place over 4 steps :
- Create your property on the Booking.com Extranet and get an ID
- Get an ID from Booking.com for your property,
- Link Booking.com ID to your Property in FlatsWire,
- Manage Prices and Calendars from FlatsWire,
Step 1 : Create your property on the Booking.com Extranet.
Connect to the Booking.com Extranet and select Register a New Property.
You will first be asked to fill in general information. On Booking.com in the Property Name caption make sure to fill in the name of the property you want to display – as this will be the name displayed on the Booking.com portal.
Then Booking.com will guide you through a procedure in 8 stages in order to describe the property.
Comments on these steps :
- Apartment details : At the end of the page, you are asked to fill in price per night. You must fill this information, but it will be changed once we connect your apartment via FlatsWire.
- Property photos : The pictures you will download must be at max 2048×1548. You can re-size easily your pictures with Automator on Mac.
- Settings :
- you still have to add local taxes (and specify exclusion of this amount for Booking.com cost calculation).
- you will be asked to confirm that you are using a Channel Manager. Click on Yes :
Once registration is finalized, the following screen appears,
You will then receive an email from Booking.com confirming that the creation of the property is completed.
Step 2 : Get an Hotel ID for your Property.
Your property still needs to be added to your list of apartment.
Send an email to your Booking.com account manager to get this done. You need to specify in the email the “rates” you want to be created (different length of stay that will generate different prices).
Example of rates : Standard Rate / 5 nights rate / 7 nights rate / 14 nights rate.
Once this operation completed by Booking.com, you will receive a confirmation. You will then find the ID of your apartment in your property list in booking.com extranet :
Step 4 : Manage Prices and Calendars from FlatsWire.
Open a new tab with bo.flatswire.com with your manager account.
Open your apartment and go to the Administration view.
Click on “Portals”.
Step 4.1 : Enter the Booking.com ID in the caption. Click on “Check Hotel Exists in Booking.com” button.
Step 4.2 : Confirm the room
FlatsWire checks that the property has been created in the Booking Extranet and returns associated rooms. Select the correct line.
Step 4.3 : Fix your prices for the different rates :
The system displays all rates that have been associated.
For each rate line, precise the duration and set price to be used. The last column updates automatically with FlatsWire pricing system.
In this example, we have defined a “standard” rate between 3 and 4 nights and set day rate at price per night for 3 days (in FlatsWire manager price). “5 nights minimum” rate between 5 and 6 nights and set day rate at price per night for 5 days…
- You also can define your Check-in and Check-out rules. For example : do you accept arrival on a Sunday ?,..
- “Booking.com” promotes managers that open calendars over a 3 years period. “New days have status open” means that everyday the system will open a new day (in 3 year) in the booking calendar. This does not prevent you from closing some periods within the 3 years to bookings on booking.com (as you will see later).
Once the parameters are set, press “Link this accommodation”. The system will create the prices over the opened period taking into account the low seasons and high seasons you have defined in FlatsWire.
Step 4.4 : Open and synchronize calendars.
At step 3, you have connected your property in FlatsWire to Booking.com. You have generated in Booking.com the pricing of the property, and a calendar that now requires to be opened (from FlatsWire) during periods when you want your property to be displayed.
In the FlatsWire interface, Step 3 has created a new tab called Booking.com. Click on this tab.
It opens a page with a priced calendar. You will notice that the calendar is fully red, meaning closed : in the connectivity, only the price were shared with Booking.com.
To synchronize the calendar click on “Push Beethoven Availability”. This will open all days available in Flatswire. It opens all rates available.
We also recommend that you check in the Booking.com Extranet that the calendars are set correctly.
Search for a subject
Vacation Rental Software
A professional solution
- Booking Engine
- Intelligent Price Management & Yield Management
- Maintenance Management
- Staff Management
- Email templates for customers, owners, staff...
- Payments Management
- Credit Card processing
- Staff Management
- Integrated 2 ways Channel Manager