Add a new Property – List your inventory
In this article, see all the steps to list your inventory and create new properties in your database.
Step 1: connect to your Flatswire manager back-office.
Click on the “Apartments” menu.
Click on the “ADD” button
You arrive on a general form
Step 2: Fill the general form.
1) Define your property name and type
Type should be
- unit if the property is a single property,
- category if the property you create is representative of a group of properties, for example category could 2 bedrooms luxurious apartments in a building. You will display only the category apartment on your website representative of all units in the category,
- building if you create a building grouping in the same location different types of units.
Reference is your internal property reference (we recommend a short reference – max 8 characters),
User in charge : Not functionnal as yet. Will enable in the future to display to a user only the apartment he is in charge of.
IBAN / BIC : To be filled for payments if the rents are to be sent by wire to a person different from the owner.
Item Type : Select the type of property
2) Define the owner information
If your owner already exists in your database, just start writing first letters of his name and we will suggest you some owners. Select the name and the information will be filled automatically.
It is important to fill email information properly as it will be used for sending emails to your owner.
If your owner is in Europe and you intend to pay him through SEPA wire transfer, set selector at Yes, and fill in Bank account informations.
All informations on Owners remain confidential. They are the property of your account.
Note : if you have set some custom fields on the owners, you will not access at this stage to these informations. You will be able to add them by going to settings/owners on each owner sheet.
3) Define your currency and pricing version
The currency you will define is the currency in which your owner will be paid.
The pricer version should be set at V2.
4) Define the address of your property
Start writing your address and as we are linked to the google API, we will suggest you the right address. Once you have found it, select it by clicking on the blue line. All informations boxes will be automatically filled. The coordinates will be also automatically inserted enabling if required the system to display your property on a map.
5) Define your location and sub-location
These information will be used to classify your property.
For example, if you are in a city, you will put the city as the location and a districts as a sub-location.
When you start writing, the system will suggest you locations or sub-locations existing in the database. If you find your location in the database, select it. If not you can create it.
Avoid at most to duplicate the locations and sub-locations. If you find a sub-location that suits your need in the list, select this one. Otherwise you may get your inventory displayed in 2 locations with the same name…
If you create a new location or sub-location, please inform FlatsWire team, as it requires an intervention for localization.
6) Define the basic information of your property
Number of stories : number of levels in the apartment or the house (for example for a Duplex, result is 2).
For the floor, if you selector “Floor numbering US” is off, ground floor corresponds to “0”.
The “number of person” is automatically filled. It corresponds to the maximum persons you can accommodate in specified beds/sofabeds.
7) Input building and WIFI information
These informations can be used in document or email templates if needed.
The notes won’t be displayed to Agencies.
8) Click on create
Your apartment is created in the database, but it is not online, as you still have to continue the creation process.
Step 3: Create your description text
1) Click on the description tab
You may set descriptions in multiple languages. All informations (Title, Description and Short-description) should be filled in, as they can be used to push infos on the channel manager.
2) Select language and input title, description and short description.
It is necesssary to input text without css (ie without div, links…), otherwise the export to the channel might be polluted. Only title (h1, h2, h3,… are accepted).
Note : To clean a text from the all css code, do not copy-paste text from a website directly in the text editor.
- You can for example paste the text in “bloc-note” on windows. This will arase all ccs codes. Then you just have to copy-paste again to the editor.
- You may also in the editor select all copied text click on the “rubber” to remove formatting.
3) Save your descriptions
Step 4: Define the rooms, beds and amenities of your property.
Click on rooms :
In this tab, you can
- Define all rooms within the apartment. By default the system generates few rooms using the infos given in general info. You may :
- Check the rooms, delete or add a room,
- Rename the rooms,
For each room you will be later able to affect amenities or beds/sofabeds.
2. Precise beds dimensions
Each line describing a sleep can be modify by clicking on edit “button”. You can adjust
- Bed dimension
- US bed name,
- Specify room where it is located,
3. Update list of amenities
In your settings you have defined your “template” list of amenities for each type of property tou manage.
Once you create a new property, automatically we generate the same list on the accommodation and you just need to update the values.
Click on the pencil, double click on the value of the amenity, and adjust the value (Yes/No = is/is not there).
Note : you may add an amenity that is not in the template list. Just click on add button and select it.
Step 5: Define your booking rules.
- Min-Max stay
You can define your minimum stay and maximum stay.
Please note that we may add a new function allowing you to define a min stay by period.
Note : The minimum stay info is not taken into account by Booking.com as only the open rates are taken into account.
2. Automatic deal
If you want to activate the booking online on your website, activate the “Automatic Deal button”. Otherwise you will only receive requests from your website.
3. Create Events
Events are logistical tasks around bookings that you need to schedule (refer manage planning). These events can be checkins, checkouts and cleanings. In this part you will define :
- What event you want to manage in the agenda : if you activate the event, on each booking we will add it automatically in the agenda on the right day.
- Who is the default user in charge of the task.
If you do not make checkout on an apartment, you can set the checkout event on OFF status.
If an owner is in charge of the cleaning, you can set the default user as the owner, and set cleaning event on OFF status : it will not appear in your Global Agenda.
4. Yield Management
You may activate the preset yield management rule for each property
Do not forget to save before leaving the page.
Step 6: Define and adjust your pricing (using pricing models from settings)
In your settings, you have defined :
- Your source price (owner price, manager price or Agency price),
- Your models for seasonnlity and degressivity with the length of stay,
- Your services and your pricing models
- Pricing (V2) tab
You will specify
- Pricing model preset in setting (defining which is your source price)
- Degressivity model applicable for the property,
- Season weight model applicable for the property,
- Your night price for the reference bucket (price at 100% with no degressivity),
Click on “update”.
The price matrix for the source price will be automatically generated as well as the pricing model.
If necessary you can manually update the values. Input new value (price per duration or season coef) and “update”.
2. Pricing model
The pricing model is automatically imported from the model. In the above exemapl the model is based on a manager source price.
For each property you can
- Adjust the value of the service and/or margins and/or taxes.
Just double click on the value and modify it.
- Add a specific service (that you have created in settings previously) and adjust its value. In this case, you have to also specify where it fits within the calculation rule (in particular to set if the margins in % integrate the cost of the service or not).
- Suppress a service. The best it to set the service at 0. You may just click on the cross to suppress the service in the model, but in this case you will have to check that you have not broken the calculation chain.
Step 7: Fill in Custom Fields
Custom Fields contain specific fields of info that you want manage on your properties, that FlatsWire does not include in standard version.
Provided you have created the Fields in the settings, click on the “Custom Field” tab and input all infos.
Step 8: Share your apartments with agencies linked to Flatswire network.
On a previous setting you have defined the agencies you want to work with. Here on the property, you can decide with which accepted Agencies you want to share it or not.
You just have to set the selector of the Agencies on Shared / Not Shared
Note : To share apartments with the Agencies, you need to set your apartment on the general tab your apartment at “Share with All” (and not at “Children Agencies” that limitates your distribution to your own website and to portals).
Step 9: Link your property to portals.
The connectivity with the portals can be managed iin the 2 tabs “Connectivity” and “Booking.com”
You require FlatsWire to open the different channels and activate the links with the different portals connected. We recommend you refer to “Channel Manager” chapter of the documentation.
Aside major portals linked to us with 2 ways API, we can help you manage apartments on many other portals such as 9flats, Housetrip, Wimdu… For each apartment, we provide you with an ICAL link, that you can input in the portals to synchronise their calendar from our master calendar.
Step 10: Upload your medias.
You can upload as many pictures as you want for your apartment. The pictures have to be in jpg or jpeg.
The system resize automatically the photos.
You can, then order them by drag and drop.
It is also possible to name each picture by double clicking on the name.
At least, you need to check one picture to define your thumb.
Step 11: upload documents.
You can upload document link to an apartment such as owner contract, insurance paper,….
Step 12: Publish your property
Go back to General tab.
You can now
- Activate your Property : Switch Enabled to “Yes”
- Share your apartment with the platform : Switch sharing to “Everyone”
- Authorize automatic deal (ie online booking) for your website and Agencies websites.
Click on “Edit” Button and set all parameters above. Then “Update” button at the bottom of the page.
Search for a subject
Vacation Rental Software
A professional solution
- Booking Engine
- Intelligent Price Management & Yield Management
- Maintenance Management
- Staff Management
- Email templates for customers, owners, staff...
- Payments Management
- Credit Card processing
- Staff Management
- Integrated 2 ways Channel Manager