Create and manage Maintenance Tickets
In this article we explain how you can manage your maintenance activity with Flatswire PMS.
A maintenance ticket can have several status:
- Request : creation of the ticket.
- Assigned : the mission has been given to the maintenance company.
- Done : the issue has been solved.
- To process : The ticket needs to be stated as to deducted to the owner rent to be paid or not.
- Processed : the ticket is closed.
Few settings to start
You will define in the general settings section, your own name and code for the different type of maintenance operation you will have to deal with.
To go to your settings page, “Your account->settings” on the top right corner of your screen.
Select “Events” : ,
Click on add to generate a new type of intervention :
- Parent = INTERVENTION
- Key = Abbreviation for the maintenance task,
- Name = Short description of the intervention,
Our maintenance tool is fully integrated with the owner payments system
Step 1 : Create a request ticket:
From the main menu go to “Intervention” and click on the “+ Add” button
Fill the first form:
Please not that this title and description may be used by your maintenance email template.
Reporter = Name of the person generating the ticket
You can create this request by clicking on “CREATE” or go directly to STEP2 by defining the user in charge of the job in assigning someone to the ticket.
Step 2 : Assign the ticket to a person :
Scroll down to “Assignment” section.
You can define :
- The person or company in charge of the operation, assuming that you have defined in your system users with an “intervention” type (“create new user“).
- When the maintenance should be performed.
- If the event is done or not.
You can create this assignment by clicking on “CREATE” or go directly to STEP3 by defining the payments information.
Step 3 : Define the payments information :
You can fill the payment information ONLY if your assigned ticket has been switch to DONE status.
Scroll down to the “Billing” section:
If you do not want to charge your owner, just switch the processed button to NO and click on CREATE.
If you want to charge your owner, just switch the processed and Bill owner buttons to YES.
You can then define :
- The cost amount of the maintenance
- When you want to bill your owner, precising the billing date
- If you decide to bill the owner, with a payment date, it means that you have made the payment for the sake of the owner. You will manage the billing within the payment module (it will come in deduction to the rents due to the owners).
- You can also join a document to the ticket, the invoice for example.
If you click on CREATE the expense line will be created on the owner account.
How to follow your maintenance tickets :
If you click on the left main menu “Intervention”, you have access to your maintenance dashboard.
On the top of the screen, you get some block to reach directly your tickets according to their status :
On the top right corner of the page, you have a panel giving you the latest activity on your maintenance tickets.
You can also use the general filter to get specific tickets according to other variables than status of the tickets.
Actions you can do on your tickets.
- From the first icon, you can view the details of your ticket,
- From the second icon, you can use your email template to send an email. First, you should have created email templates in an “Event” context,
- From the third icon, you can edit your ticket
At least, from the last icon, you can delete your ticket.
Search for a subject
Vacation Rental Software
A professional solution
- Booking Engine
- Intelligent Price Management & Yield Management
- Maintenance Management
- Staff Management
- Email templates for customers, owners, staff...
- Payments Management
- Credit Card processing
- Staff Management
- Integrated 2 ways Channel Manager