Set-up your booking.com account
In this article, we explain how to set-up your Booking.com account in the Channel Manager and manage your price synchronization rules.
You first have to contract with Booking to create your account and have access to your Booking.com Extranet. Some comments :
- You do not need to declare that you are using FlatsWire as a Channel Manager, as you will precise this information when you create the properties.
- You will define general rules for your policy (cancellation policy, payment policy, checkin, checkout policy, minimum advance reservation lead-time…). These rules will not automatically apply for the properties you will create. They might be added by Booking.com when you create new properties, but this will require that you ask for it each time you ask to link a new property to your Booking.com account (see “Add a property on Booking.com” steps ).
When you access a FlatsWire Manager account, you do not need to input informations about your Booking.com registration. All you will have to do is to define your “booking.com” out-margin to define prices pushed to the Extranet. What is it ?
The Manager price is the reference price for Booking.com price calculation. To enable you to adjust Booking.com prices to your distribution prices, the FlatsWire system allows you to define a global “out-margin”, that will be a mark-up on the manager prices used. For example, if you have set your agency distribution margin at 10%, you may define a 10% out-margin to match yourBooking.com retail price with your agency retail price.
- Go to the settings of your manager account,
- Select “Portal” tab,
- Double-clic on “out-margin” and insert your value.
Please note :
- Beware that you have to pay VAT on the Booking.com commission amount,
- Booking.com 17% commission is calculated on the retail price. The out-margin applies on the Manager price. If you intend to maintain your Manager revenue, you will have to set the Out-Margin at (1/0,83-1)= 20,4%
- Reference (right of out-margin) does not apply for Booking.com.
- Booking user will be set by Flatswire team.
More infos on Booking.com price calculation
As mentionned, the prices pushed to booking.com are the manager prices (linked to your matrix) + the outmargin you have decided for the portal booking.com. IN this calculation, the rates published will take into account the seasons you have defined in your matrix.
Here is a Booking.com price setting table,
we have defined price for basic season as follows :
- a standard night rate at 258 € for the booking lasting from 3 to 4 nights,
- a 213 € rate for a booking lasting from 5 to 6 nights,
- a 171 € rate for a booking lasting from 7 to 13 nights,
- a 147 € rate for abooking lasting from 14 to 31 night,
The calculation of the 258 € rate is done as follows :
Booking.com night rate (Price/day column) = Manager_night_price (for 3 nights & no season)*(1 + Out_margin_booking.com)
At low season (Coef 0,85 in the price matrix for example), you will have automatically :
Booking.com night rate = Manager_night_price (for 3 nights & no season)*0,85*(1 + Out_margin_booking.com)
In this part you will set general rules for payment (in compliance with rules you set on Booking.com) :
- % of amount due as deposit / balance,
- Payment dates :
- Creation date (booking date) offset 0 days : means the payment is due on (booking creation day + 0 day),
- checkin date offset (-30 days) : means the payment (for the balance) is due on (checkin date – 30days) = 30 days before customer arrival.
In this part, you can add or deduct some services in the price you push to Booking.com (to avoid commission fees on the services).
The settings of this part requires FlatsWire intervention. Please contact support.
In principle, you should not use this part. The fees from Booking.com are automatically imported by the API.
If you click on “Details”in the portal view (cf. fig. 1), you will access to tables showing lists of roperties connected :
- Click on “Apartment ” tab to check all properties pushed and booking.com rates used.
- Click on “availability” tab to check all calendars synchronised with booking.com
Search for a subject
Vacation Rental Software
A professional solution
- Booking Engine
- Intelligent Price Management & Yield Management
- Maintenance Management
- Staff Management
- Email templates for customers, owners, staff...
- Payments Management
- Credit Card processing
- Staff Management
- Integrated 2 ways Channel Manager